FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police closed a 15-year-old cold case.
Joshua Salyer's body was found in a dumpster at a recycling center on New Haven Avenue in November 2003.
New information in the case came forward last year.
Police closed the case Monday because the suspect, Lawton Carter, Jr., died in 2017 before he was charged with the crime.
- Police close 15-year-old cold case
- Sand sculpture vandals: 15-year-old girl arrested
- New York Uber driver charged with kidnapping 15-year-old girl
- Detectives reveal how they cracked the Steuben County cold case
- A 15-year-old died protecting his little sister during a burglary, authorities say
- Fort Wayne police raid closed abortion clinic
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- Firefighters take on the cold
- Police investigating deaths of two children in separate cases
- Tip leads Indiana police to re-examine 1950 murder case