FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police closed a 15-year-old cold case.
Joshua Salyer's body was found in a dumpster at a recycling center on New Haven Avenue in November 2003.
New information in the case came forward last year.
Police closed the case Monday because the suspect, Lawton Carter, Jr., died in 2017 before he was charged with the crime.
- Police close 15-year-old cold case
- Detectives reveal how they cracked the Steuben County cold case
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- Firefighters take on the cold
- Police investigating deaths of two children in separate cases
- Tip leads Indiana police to re-examine 1950 murder case
- Covington Elementary closed Monday
- Piere's Entertainment closed
- Jussie Smollett prosecutors closed investigation weeks before dismissing case, unsealed documents reveal
- Lutheran warns against cold weather injuries