FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police were conducting a routine investigation at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday when they heard gunshots coming from inside an apartment building located at 621 Tennessee Avenue.
The news release said the officers immediately secured the area, and after additional officers arrived, they began checking all of the rooms for any victims.
While doing so, officers were given information that the shooter might be barricaded inside one of the apartments. Officers then evacuated all of the remaining apartments inside the building.
The Emergency Services Team and Crisis Response Team were called to the scene to assist in clearing the remaining apartments.
For several hours attempts were made to contact anyone who might be inside the building.
The Emergency Services Team then went in but did not find anyone.
Anyone with any information on who was firing shots and/or why the shots were fired is asked to contact police.
- Police clear Tennessee Ave. apartments after gunshots
- Gunshot fired during raid
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Lake Ave. closed January 3rd
- House barricade on Masterson Ave
- 14 year old dies of gunshot wound
- Suspect charged in Hamilton Ave. shooting
- Victims identified in Creighton Ave shooting
- Man taken to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Five escape apartment fire