MARION, Ind. (AP) - Northeastern Indiana police have arrested three men in connection with the fatal shootings of a man and two boys.
The Marion Police Department announced Wednesday that 29-year-old Lemere Jones, 25-year-old Demetrius Jackson and 29-year-old Brittany Drake had been arrested.
Jones and Jackson face preliminary charges that include three counts of murder in the December killings of 42-year-old Javon Blackwell Sr., his 12-year-old son Javon Blackwell Jr. and 11-year-old stepson Jayzon Blackwell. They were slain in a home in the city about 60 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
Drake faces a preliminary charge of conspiracy to commit armed robbery in the killings.
Police say Jones and Jackson also face a preliminary murder charge in a November killing.
It wasn't clear if the three suspects have attorneys who could speak on their behalf.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police arrest 3 men in connection with Marion triple-slaying
- Fort Wayne man gets 200 years in drug-related triple-slaying
- Brother of NBA player killed in Marion
- One dies after being shot in Marion
- Police arrest man wanted in connection to Thursday homicide
- Woman sentenced for role in purse slayings
- Man arrested in connection to Kendallville shooting
- Man arrested in connection to Sunday homicide
- Marion County reports death related to West Nile virus
- Marion County jury to hear capital case of Marcus Dansby