KENDALLVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Indiana State Police say a Kendallville Police officer shot an armed man while responding to a domestic disturbance Friday morning.
The Indiana State Police say the officer shot a man armed with a gun around 8 a.m. on the 1800 block of Aspen Cove.
Officer involved shooting at 1815 Aspen Cove in Kendallville.
Kendallville police were called to the scene Friday morning on a report of domestic disturbance taking place.
The suspect, a male Hispanic, got into an pyhsical altercation with a responding officer. The suspect pulled a handgun from his waistband, which is when the officer fired at the suspect, hitting him once.
The suspect was taken to a Fort Wayne hospital, his condition is unknown at this time.
More information will be released by the Indiana State Police once the investigation is complete.
The Kendallville police officer involved was not injured in the altercation and it's not yet clear if they've been placed on adminstrative leave.
- State Police: Armed man shot by Kendallville officer responding to domestic call
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Kendallville fighting blighted homes
- Kendallville Police investigating death on train tracks
- Kendallville Police now wearing body cameras
- Man arrested in connection to Kendallville shooting
- Kendallville officer involved in shooting won't face charges
- Indiana police officer fatally shot
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery