JAY COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Jay County will be getting a new wind farm.
The Jay County Planning Commission approved Scout Energy's plan for the Bitter Ridge Wind Farm Thursday night.
The commission heard from several people on both sides for about four hours before unanimously approving the plan.
During the meeting, the planning commission did approve a measure recommending Jay County Commissioners temporarily stop construction of new wind farms for three years.
That is to give time to update the existing decade old ordinance regulating wind farms.
Construction on Bitter Ridge Wind Farm will begin next year.
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- Second Jay County wind farm receives final local approval
- Jay County residents want to stop a proposed wind farm
- Jay County residents divided on proposed wind farm
- Buyer named for new Jay County wind farm
- Merit Commission approves promotion
- DeKalb County Planning Commission tables proposed farming restrictions
- City council approves art commission
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled