ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- The planning commissioners passed a proposal for a 120 lot subdivision Thursday. FOX 55 has been following the proposed development at Cedar Creek golf course from the beginning.
The unanimous vote on the Tullymore Run subdivision means the proposal goes forward to county commissioners.
"Tullymore is going to be a really really unique subdivision. Just really excited about the topography, the lay of the land," said Roger Delagrange, the developer.
Delagrange said if it makes it past commissioners, this subdivision will be one to be proud of. The owners of Cedar Creek said selling is just a business decision.
"Across the nation, the golf course industry is declining and, unfortunately, that was also the case with us," said Cheri Gilbert, co-owner.
Neighbors like Gary Davis have fought the development from the beginning.
"You talk to the people that live in the immediate area, traffic's one of the big ones. Our quality of life. We're talking about a community of aligned individuals, that moved to an area, paid a premium, to get a quieter, rural way of living," Davis said.
Gilbert said, on a busy day, she and her husband have around 100 golfers on their course, all bringing in traffic. She said she understands many club members are sad to see it go.
"We hate to see it go. It's a bittersweet decision for both my husband and myself," Gilbert said.
She said it's a long drive to the final decision. In the mean time, Davis will continue collecting signatures and pushing commissioners to vote this proposal down.
"We're very disappointed, but we're counting on the commissioners to see our perspective," Davis said.
Commissioners are expected to vote in a couple weeks, but they have 60 to 90 days to make a decision.
- Planning Commissioners pass proposed subdivision on Cedar Creek golf course
- Amended subdivision proposal for Schwartz Road discussed in planning commission
- New subdivision proposed for Schwartz Road, residents opposing
- Subdivision approved for Schwartz Road
- Schwartz Road proposals fail in commissioners meeting
- Proposed Schwartz Road development passes in planning commission
- Meeting planned for DeKalb County roundabout proposal
- DeKalb County Planning Commission tables proposed farming restrictions
- California proposes a plan to tax text messages
- Local golf courses officially open