Photo Gallery 3 Images
OAKWOOD, Ohio (WFFT) — The Paulding County Sheriff's Department responded to reports of a plane crashing in a rural field Friday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says the plane crashed in a field near Road 138 and Road 163, just west of the Auglaize River shortly after 3:30 p.m.
Investigators say the aircraft had just taken off from a privately owned grass runway several hundred feet west of the crash site.
Dispatchers have no indicated if there are any injuries to those in the plane or nearby.
Officials say 35-year-old Dustin A. Dobbelaere of Defiance was piloting the aircraft when it crashed.
He was the only person inside the plane.
Dobbelaere was transported via life flight to a hospital in Fort Wayne.
Officers say his medical condition is unknown at this time.
This incident is still under investigation.
- 1 injured in rural Paulding County plane crash
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Fort Wayne man killed in Paulding County crash
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Paulding County deputies search for bank robber
- Woman hurt in rural Allen County crash
- Fire damages home on Paulding Road