AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - The DeKalb County Planning Commission approved an unfavorable - recommendation to rezone two acres of a field in Spencerville during a three hour meeting Wednesday.
Lynn Reinhart is asking the county to re-zone two acres of his field at CR 68 and SR 1 from agriculture to commercial for a potential retail store.
Reinhart said he was approached by a company several times this year and eventually worked out an agreement.
Dollar General told FOX 55 News it is exploring options on State Road 1 in Spencerville.
A spokesperson said the company likes to build stores within 3-5 miles of people who were shop there.
Many people spoke against the re-zoning during a public meeting Wednesday in Auburn.
They were concerned about the view from the historic Covered Bridge and traffic at that intersection.
DeKalb County Commissioners will make a final decision on the proposal during it October 1 meeting.
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville field continued
- Request to re-zone Spencerville field discussed again
- City council approves art commission
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- People favor proposed gas station zoning rule changes
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville Dollar General to be decided Monday
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field