FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- With Phase I of Riverfront Fort Wayne almost complete, Phases II and III are just beginning. These phases focus on the planning, designing and construction of Promenade Park.
"The Riverfront initiative is going to be one of those factors that's going to prove whether or not Fort Wayne is worth visiting and investing in," David Rubin, Principal of DAVID RUBIN Land Collective.
DAVID RUBIN Land Collective, the landscape architecture firm is leading focus groups with local residents this week.
"Our goal is to marry the metrics of economics with the visioning of design to ensure that we have a plan that brings private development dollars into the whole cloth of the riverfront project," said Rubin.
Focus group topics include downtown living, zoning, youth involvement, the environment, historic preservation and neighborhood involvement. Throughout the next 12 months, land collective hopes to work with the community to make Riverfront Fort Wayne a reality.
"We recognize that the value of any end product is that the citizenry see themselves reflected in it and that allows for positive movement with greater ease and the prospective of greater ease in the end so for us it's an inherent part of the project," said Rubin.
- Phases II and III of Riverfront Fort Wayne begin
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- New development planned along the riverfront in Fort Wayne
- Division III draws nationwide crowd to Fort Wayne
- Leaf collections begin in Fort Wayne
- Senior Games 2019 begins in Fort Wayne
- Phase 3 construction begins for FWA
- David Rubin Land Collective will lead design for Riverfront Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Parks and Rec offers tour of Riverfront, Promenade Park
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday