AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - Pete Kempf is stepping down as head coach of the DeKalb football team, Kempf confirmed to FOX 55 Friday evening.
"I am stepping down by choice. A lot has gone in to the decision," Kempf told Sports Director via text message.
Brice Vance of KPC News was the first to report the announcement.
The Barons went 8-3 in 2019, their most wins in a season since 2002. In six seasons at DeKalb, Kempf went 27-33 overall.
- Pete Kempf stepping down as DeKalb Football coach
- DeKalb Central taking step back after referendum fails
- Pete Buttigieg has a new plan to increase national service
- DeKalb Health officially joins Parkview Health, becomes Parkview DeKalb Hospital
- DeKalb Humane Society extends hours
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Car Crash in DeKalb County
- DeKalb hires new choir director
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County