LAGODA, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a person has been shot and wounded after firing a gun at a SWAT team that was trying to serve a felony warrant in Indiana.
State police say the Montgomery County multi-jurisdictional SWAT team went to a home near the Montgomery County community of Ladoga about 10 p.m. Wednesday to execute the warrant and the person opened fire. They fired back and the person was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
No officers were injured in the exchange of gunfire about 35 miles northwest of Indianapolis.
The Montgomery County sheriff's office asked state police to investigate the shooting. Prosecutors will then review the case. Additional details weren't immediately released.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person shot, wounded by SWAT team serving warrant in Indiana
- Fort Wayne police investigating whether wounded man was shot
- Public spends the day with the SWAT
- Two Indiana turkey hunters shot
- Indiana police officer fatally shot
- Police shoot, wound Indiana man after domestic dispute, fire
- Man dies from stab wounds
- Police: 1 person shot at Illinois mall, suspect at large
- 95 dead, 158 wounded in Afghan attack
- 14 year old dies of gunshot wound