FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The woman police asked you to help identify this week is no longer a person of interest in the September homicide of Michael Rodney Wilcher, 51, of New Haven.
Wilcher's family said they're frustrated with the investigation, and want answers.
"Extremely frustrated, but I believe without a shadow of a doubt that there are witnesses out there that saw things, what happened, or saw somebody leaving the site of the incident," said Lee Wilcher, Michael Wilcher's brother.
Lee Wilcher said his brother was an easy-going guy who didn't have enemies.
"He worked a lot. You know, he was always trying to save enough money so he could get his kids something for Christmas and birthdays and stuff," Wilcher said.
The family was waiting for answers for nearly two months, until a photo came out of a person of interest. Police spoke to the woman in the photo, but now the Wilchers are back to square one.
'I've wanted to leave it to the police because I would prefer they find the person that hurt my brother before I would find them. I don't know who would do this," Wilcher said.
Until more information is available, all the Wilchers can do is wait.
"It's frustrating, and it's so sad that my brother's not going to be there when everyone else is enjoying their Thanksgiving. My brother is gone," said Donna Hackman, Michael WIlcher's sister.
The family said they can't imagine why anyone would do this, and the details of that night don't add up.
"My brother was downtown, and he doesn't have a driver's license, doesn't have a car, so he had to get down there somehow. He lived in New Haven, so somebody brought him there," Lee Wilcher said.
They said they just want someone to come forward.
"Whether they saw, or he's told them, or the person that did it. Someone knows," Hackman said.
If you have any information on Wilcher's death, you're urged to contact Fort Wayne Police, or Crime Stoppers.
- Person of interest no longer being considered in homicide investigation
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD seek person of interest
- Police seeking person of interest in death investigation
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Person of interest sought in relation to New Haven murder
- Woman found dead in home, person of interest in custody
- Fort Wayne police asking for help identifying persons of interest
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Department looking for person of interest
- Person of interest in woman's death arrested in Mississippi