WASHINGTON COUNTY, Mississippi (WFFT)- A Fort Wayne man wanted in connection with a woman's death on Cass Street was arrested in Mississippi Saturday.
The Washington County Jail confirmed Cordell Patterson, 22, is in custody.
He was wanted in Allen County on murder and robbery charges after 33-year-old Laura Elizabeth Larkin was found dead inside her Cass Street home.
Police have not said what exactly happened to Larkin.
Neighbors and friends described her as a light in the world, a good person, and a good mom to her twin girls.
"This is a quiet neighborhood. Very quiet. I mean, everybody around here is sociable, and I just couldn't imagine something like that happening two doors away from me," said Vickie Kitz Miller.
Kitz Miller said she talked to Larkin on occasion and frequently saw her walking with her daughters up and down the street.
"They did a lot of walking together. They were always together. They always seemed happy," she said.
A previous employer posted a statement on their Facebook page about Larkin's death.
"Our deepest sympathies go out to the two beautiful twin girls of Laura Elizabeth Larkin. Laura was one of our first digital media managers and she will be deeply missed."
But Kitz Miller said she has seen Cordell at Larkin's house with other people in the past. She said she wonders if they ever dated, but that has not been confirmed.
"Sometimes I wonder, 'did she get in with the wrong crowd?'" she said.
Kitz Miller added, "If this guy did do something to her, I hope that he gets his, because she's too young to die."
Patterson is awaiting extradition back to Indiana. It's unclear if he will face any other charges.
- Person of interest in woman's death arrested in Mississippi
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD seek person of interest
- Police seeking person of interest in death investigation
- Police seeking person of interest in motel death
- Woman found dead in home, person of interest in custody
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Person of interest sought in relation to New Haven murder
- Person of interest no longer being considered in homicide investigation
- Fort Wayne police asking for help identifying persons of interest