FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - One man was killed and two other people hospitalized after a shooting Thursday night.
The shooting happened just after 9 p.m. in the 800 block of Madison Street, just east of downtown.
The person has been identified as 40 year-old Ricky Pelmear. He was found dead inside the home.
Police said they responded to a man armed with a gun. When they arrived, they found three people were shot.
41-year-old Jason Sandy and 33-year-old Rachel Burtz were found outside, but were shot inside a house. Both were hospitalized. Sandy was last listed in critical condition while Burtz was in serious condition.
Police blocked off the entire 800 block of Madison because they believed the suspect was in one of those houses.
However, they didn't find a suspect or any other victims.
If you have any information on what happened, call Crime Stoppers at 260-436-7867.
- Victim identified in Madison Street Shooting
- Victim identified in Oxford Street shooting
- Victim identified in Greene Street shooting
- Shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Northcrest Drive shooting victim identified
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Victims of Hanna Street gas station shooting have been identified
- Ligonier homicide victims identified