FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The House Impeachment Hearings have been going on for more than a week now stirring emotions from locals on both sides.
"I've been watching it every night that I can," Bob Bastian said.
Bob Bastian said he doesn't particularly like how things are going.
House Democrats say President Trump abused his authority by withholding aide unless the Ukrainian government announced an investigation against Democrat Joe Biden's son Hunter.
Republicans argue the hearings are payback by democrats for losing the 2016 Presidential Election.
"I think it's kind of a dirty trick what they are trying to do with the president," Bastian added.
Christopher Guerin said he's been watching from start to finish and would like to see the president impeached.
"I think there's more than enough reason to go through this process, but I am under no illusion if this gets to the senate that the president will be impeached," he said.
Now that the hearings are over the Intelligence Committee will send its findings to the Judiciary Committee.
- People in Fort Wayne share their thoughts as House Impeachment Hearings wrap up
- Bike-share program leaving Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- People in Fort Wayne remember 9/11
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Housing Authority opening Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
- Local lawmakers reacting to Impeachment hearings
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- People in Fort Wayne celebrate World Down Syndrome Day