Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- "I think our phone rang about 250 times yesterday. As soon as you sit the phone down, it would ring again," Dale Hubert, sales manager for Doc Dancer Heating and Cooling said.
The old saying goes if it isn't broke don't fix it, but in this case, it's don't wait until it's broken to do something about it.
He says the worst thing you can do is procrastinate on maintenance.
"A lot of times when we come out, this coil is completely plugged. We have to take this whole cage off, and wash everything from the inside and out so this thing can breathe,"He added.
He said you should be getting it cleaned, and tuned every year to prevent clogging and breakdowns.
"The more the fan inside your furnace unit is pushing air through the coil, that's what actually does the cooling there."
In Janice Ridley's case, she needs a new filter, and possibly a new motor after 13 years.
She was taken by surprise when her air stopped working.
"Only thing we were doing was trying to get it turned on. We hadn't had it on prior to the 90 degree weather,"Ridley said.
She said the last 2 days were enough to push her to get something done.
"I wasn't the nice person I normally am. It was miserably hot," she added.
Hubert said if you can take it being a little warmer indoors, you'll definitely save more energy because your air conditioner isn't working as hard to keep cool.
It could also extend the likelihood of it working longer.
Plus, it'll save you some money.
- People in Fort Wayne fighting with the air conditioning
- Fort Wayne Air Show brings out thousands
- Fort Wayne pools fighting against parasite
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- People in Fort Wayne remember 9/11
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- Plaza Drive fire leaves Fort Wayne man in critical condition
- Fort Wayne residents participate in Air Quality Action Day