UPLAND, Ind. (AP) - A Christian liberal arts university in Indiana says Vice President Mike Pence will be its featured commencement speaker.
Taylor University announced Thursday that Pence is scheduled to address graduates of the school in Upland on May 18 at the Kesler Student Activities Center.
The school's President Dr. Paul Lowell Haines says in a statement that the former Congressman and Indiana governor "has been a good friend to the university over many years, and is a Christian brother whose life and values have exemplified what we strive to instill in our graduates."
Taylor University says tickets will be required for admission to the Kesler Center. They'll be distributed to members of Taylor's Class of 2019 and their families.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pence to deliver commencement address at Taylor University
- Gov. Holcomb to deliver Ball State commencement address
- Foellinger Foundation announces $2.6 million grant to Taylor University
- Saint Francis Falls to Taylor
- Banks addresses gun debate
- Councilman wants projects addressed
- Manchester University announces expansion
- ACPL addresses collection weeding concerns
- Lord & Taylor selling flagship Fifth Avenue store to WeWork
- Taylor Street closing due to water main repair