FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is dead after being hit by a car on Washington Blvd. Thursday evening.
It happened around 6:40 p.m. Police responded to the 4600 block of East Washington Blvd. When they arrived they found a man lying unconscious in the roadway. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses reported the vicitm was wearing dark clothing and standing in the middle of the road when he was hit. It is unclear if he was crossing or walking down the road when he was hit.
Police said alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
The Allen County Coroner's Office will release the name of the vicitim.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Pedestrian killed after being struck by a car
- Pedestrian struck by plow blade
- Boy struck and killed by car in Warsaw
- Pedestrian hit, killed along State Blvd.
- Pedestrian killed along State Blvd. identified
- Man arrested after car hits pedestrians and bicyclists in New Orleans, killing 2
- 3 siblings struck, killed by pickup truck at bus stop
- Driver arrested in New Orleans after car strikes pedestrians and cyclists, killing 2, during Mardi Gras festivities
- Crossing guard struck by school bus
- Coroner identifies pedestrian hit by car, Amber Garrett behind the wheel