FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is dead after being hit by a car on Washington Blvd. Thursday evening.
It happened around 6:40 p.m. Police responded to the 4600 block of East Washington Blvd. When they arrived they found a man lying unconscious in the roadway. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses reported the vicitm was wearing dark clothing and standing in the middle of the road when he was hit. It is unclear if he was crossing or walking down the road when he was hit.
Police said alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
The Allen County Coroner's Office will release the name of the vicitim.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Pedestrian killed after being struck by a car
- Pedestrian struck by plow blade
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle near Reed Road
- Boy struck and killed by car in Warsaw
- Pedestrian hit, killed along State Blvd.
- Pedestrian killed along State Blvd. identified
- Fort Wayne woman struck and killed by car on South Anthony Boulevard
- Man arrested after car hits pedestrians and bicyclists in New Orleans, killing 2
- 3 siblings struck, killed by pickup truck at bus stop
- Indianapolis toddler struck, killed by hit-and-driver