SHERWOOD, Ohio (WFFT) — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is currently investigating a fatal crash which occurred on Wednesday morning.
Police say the crash occurred on the Defiance-Paulding County Line Road, just east of Coffin Road in Delaware Township.
The State Highway Patrol says they received a call at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday about a vehicle in a ditch, with an unresponsive driver.
They say a 2006 Ford Explorer, driven by 42-year-old Stephanie Hull, from Paulding, was driving eastbound on the Defiance-Paulding County Line Road, when the vehicle traveled off the right side of the road, struck an embankment and became air borne.
Then, investigators say, her vehicle struck several trees before coming to rest down on the Maumee River bank.
Police say the driver was pronounced dead at the scene by the Delaware Township EMS.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Fort Wayne man killed in Paulding County crash
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Defiance County adds second baby box
- 1 injured in rural Paulding County plane crash
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Paulding County deputies search for bank robber
- Woman arrested in Defiance hotel parking lot shooting