OAKWOOD, Ohio (WFFT) — Shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday, deputies from Paulding County were dispatched to 218 N. First Street in Oakwood, Ohio, regarding a bank robbery.
Investigators say 40-year-old David A. Ziesel, entered the bank around 9:12 a.m. dressed in dark pants, a light colored hooded jacket with a black stripe.
Ziesel was wearing a mask over his face with a ball hat on, and had wore black gloves.
He was carrying a blue bag.
Deputies say the suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
There were no customers in the bank at the time of the robbery. Neither of the two bank tellers was injured.
Deputies say the suspect could have had a weapon, but did not show it.
Investigators believe a potential getaway vehicle is a white 2000’s model Chevy cargo style van.
The van has black rims and paint chipping away from the top. It could have an Indiana registration on the back.
“My investigators are following some leads right now. They are working with multiple agencies. I am glad no one was hurt as a result of this senseless crime,” said Sheriff Jason K. Landers. “If any has information related to this crime, please call us.”
Paulding County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation with the Oakwood Police Department.
If anyone has information regarding this investigation or any other crime, please contact the Sheriff’s Office at (419)-399-3791.
You may also leave an anonymous tip via the website by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking on “send us an anonymous tip.”
- Paulding County deputies search for bank robber
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Arrest warrant issued for Paulding County bank robbery suspect
- CAPTURED: Paulding County bank robbery suspect arrested in Florida
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Fire damages home on Paulding Road
- First responder training facility opens in Paulding