PAULDING COUNTY, Ohio (WFFT)- A suspect in a murder in Paulding County, Ohio was arrested Tuesday in Elko County, Nevada.
Police said Matthew Dempsey was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday during a traffic stop. Authorities in Carlin, Nevada reported there was a brief standoff with Dempsey, who had a .22 long rifle. He surrendered, and is currently being held in Nevada.
Dempsey was wanted in connection to the murder of Gina Mann, 47. Mann was found in a car in her garage, after police were called for a welfare check. A warrant was issued Sunday for Dempsey's arrest.
Police said Mann died of multiple gunshot wounds, but that information was not immediately released, because she was wrapped in a blanket.
There is no word yet on when Dempsey will be transported back to Paulding County. Mann's death remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Paulding County police at 419-399-3791.
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Man arrested in Kentucky for Paulding County murder
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- Woman found dead in Paulding home, arrest warrant issued
- Fire damages home on Paulding Road
- First responder training facility opens in Paulding
- Paulding County Police investigate death after home invasion
- 2016 murder suspect found not guilty
- Murder suspect in court