PAULDING COUNTY, Ohio (WFFT)- A suspect in a murder in Paulding County, Ohio was arrested Tuesday in Elko County, Nevada.
Police said Matthew Dempsey was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday during a traffic stop. Authorities in Carlin, Nevada reported there was a brief standoff with Dempsey, who had a .22 long rifle. He surrendered, and is currently being held in Nevada.
Dempsey was wanted in connection to the murder of Gina Mann, 47. Mann was found in a car in her garage, after police were called for a welfare check. A warrant was issued Sunday for Dempsey's arrest.
Police said Mann died of multiple gunshot wounds, but that information was not immediately released, because she was wrapped in a blanket.
There is no word yet on when Dempsey will be transported back to Paulding County. Mann's death remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Paulding County police at 419-399-3791.
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Man arrested in Kentucky for Paulding County murder
- Arrest warrant issued for Paulding County bank robbery suspect
- CAPTURED: Paulding County bank robbery suspect arrested in Florida
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Paulding County deputies search for bank robber
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Woman found dead in Paulding home, arrest warrant issued