FORT WAYNE, IN. (WFFT) Parkview Health is opening their new cancer center next month and FOX 55 News got a sneak peek inside.
The 181,000 square foot facility will be home to some of the most cutting edge cancer treatments in the area, along with an in-house pharmacy, a wig boutique, and cancer support groups all under one roof.
Officials with Parkview say the cancer institute is centered around patient care and the design will help put those battling cancer and their families first
"I would say this building has exceeded our expectations. We spent a lot of time, not just myself, but a variety of different leaders throughout our healthcare system, including Mike Packnid, our CEO, to travel around and visit a variety of different universities, academic settings, large private institutions, NCI designated centers and basically put all of this together in some formal combination that makes the most sense for northeast Indiana."
Members of the public can tour the facility this Sunday, May 20th, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- Parkview Cancer Institute joins MD Anderson Cancer Network
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview hiring several nurses in open interviews
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Parkview Wabash Hospital holds open house for the public
- Parkview employees pack meals to give back
- Old Parkview Wabash Hospital finding new life
- Parkview Health Partners with Cincinnati Children's Hospital