FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Parkview is holding off finalizing a deal selling the former Francis Slocum school to Brightpoint.
The Fort Wayne Planning Commission approved the anti-poverty agency's plan to convert the empty school into affordable apartments.
Since then many neighbors started speaking up against the proposed project despite several meetings over the past year.
Parkview said it is meeting with the neighbors to listen to their concerns before making the deal official, a purchase agreement has already been signed.
The property was zoned for apartments more than 30 years ago.
- Parkview listening to concerns before finalizing Frances Slocum deal
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- DeKalb Health officially joins Parkview Health, becomes Parkview DeKalb Hospital
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Slocum Pointe project won't face delays after neighborhood dispute
- Parkview employees pack meals to give back
- Old Parkview Wabash Hospital finding new life