HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT)- Parkview Huntington Hospital is expanding their current facility, and adding some features they say will improve medical care for Huntington residents.
"It's a culmination of a lot of planning and hard work and excitement, relative to being able to offer more services for Huntington and this community," said Doug Selig, vice president of patient care.
- Provide a home for the new wound clinic.
- Enable relocation of pediatric therapy services
- Provide additional exam rooms
- Offer a larger space for the Activities of Daily Living Lab
- Provide space for new therapies
- House the new Adult Fitness Center
The $8.5 million expansion project is the second major construction project since the facility first opened in 2000.
"Part of our mission is meeting the needs of our community and to be able to have this right here in the place where this community lives and works every day really reduces those barriers to access," Selig said.
In addition to a wound clinic, relocation of pediatric therapy, and other expansion details, the president of Parkview Huntington unveiled a special memorial, the Holly D. Sale Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, in memory of the former rehab director.
"This project was her dream, so we're finally getting it to happen, so a lot of emotions, but it will be a wonderful addition of services for our community," said Julie Johnson, president of Parkview Huntington.
Community members said they're happy they won't have to travel far for quality care.
"I think it would be great. You wouldn't have to be going to Parkview out north, which is a long ways," said Linda Bueker, a Huntington resident.
We can expect to see the facility completed in early 2019.
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Parkview employees pack meals to give back
- Old Parkview Wabash Hospital finding new life
- Parkview Health Partners with Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- DeKalb Health, Parkview Health to develop partnership
- Huntington residents react to explosion