FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-Parkview Home Health and Hospice is looking for volunteers in Northeast Indiana.
Volunteers will visit patients during the week to get caregivers a break, comfort patients and their loved ones, help with office work and make "tuck-in" calls to patients and their families before a weekend.
Parkview is also looking for people who have certified therapy dogs and veterans who can be a comfort to others who have served. All volunteers must complete training before interacting with hospice patients.
"Four hours of in-person training, that's initial training. We go over Parkview's policies and the volunteer handbook. Then we have nine hours of online training," said Volunteer Coordinator Kelby Johnston.
Upcoming training opportunities will take place in Fort Wayne August 16 and September 17 and in Wabash August 14 and September 18.
· Fort Wayne (Parkview Home Health & Hospice, 1900 Carew Street, Suite 6)
· Thursday, Aug. 16, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Monday, Sept. 17, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Wabash (Parkview Home Health & Hospice, 8 John Kissinger Drive, Suite C)
· Tuesday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, Sept. 18, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.