FORT WAYNE, Ind. – (WFFT) – The Parkview Heart Institute is now an affiliate of the nation’s top-ranked heart program, the Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute.
Parkview Heart Institute President Roy Robertson explained Wednesday that the affiliation will give Parkview access to the best practices that have helped Cleveland Clinic achieve U.S. News & World Report’s No. 1 ranking for cardiology and heart surgery for the last 25 years.
Through the affiliate program, Cleveland Clinic will share its treatment protocols and procedures, and allow Parkview Heart Institute providers to collaborate with Cleveland Clinic clinicians.
“The people we serve in this region rely on us to continually improve. By affiliating with the Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute, we’re advancing the quality of care that’s available close to home,” Robertson said. “Parkview’s world-class teamwork extends beyond the walls of our facilities, and we look forward to our collaboration with Cleveland Clinic to offer our community access to their world-renowned care.”
This affiliation will help not only patients in Fort Wayne, but also patients throughout northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio at the many facilities that partner with the Parkview Heart Institute for treatment.
As affiliates, the two organizations remain independent, with no changes to physicians or staff.
This affiliation is the third of its type launched by Parkview Health within the last year, with the goal of advancing care and providing local access to nationally recognized expertise.
- Parkview Heart Institute announces affiliation with Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute
- Parkview Cancer Institute joins MD Anderson Cancer Network
- Impact Institute holds signing day for students
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Phoenix Institute hopes to recruit more foster parents
- Billboards for heart scans
- Park Center in Fort Wayne to become affiliate of Parkview Health
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- Heart drug recall expanded again