FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Event goers will soon pay more for parking at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Starting September 1st the price to park will go from $5.00 to $6.00.
BREAKING DOWN THE PRICE INCREASE
- Cost for natural gas will go up by $39,000 annually.
- Electricity will go up $139,000 annually.
- City utilities will increase by $16,750 annually.
- Cost of living increase by 5% or $105,300 annually.
The general manager of the Memorial Coliseum, Randy Brown, told FOX 55 on the phone the increase is directly related to an increase in annual utility costs for the complex.
The Coliseum is facing an increase of around $300,000.
Brown said they do what they can to keep prices low, but they are working to keep up with the cost of bills.
- Parking prices raised at Memorial Coliseum
- New security measure at the Memorial Coliseum
- Drivers take on Memorial Coliseum traffic for the weekend
- Coliseum Blvd to close to place bridge
- Police investigating shooting on North Coliseum Blvd.
- Bridal Spectacular returns to the Coliseum
- Memorial Coliseum staff, Secret Service prepare for President Trump's arrival Monday
- Netflix is raising its subscription prices
- Thousands are expected to visit the Coliseum this MLK weekend
- Fort Wayne Home and Garden show returns to Coliseum