FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Ms. Johnson of Fort Wayne has transferred her children from Horizon Christian Academy. The school sent home letters January 9th that the last day of classes at the Wells Street location would be on January 11th.
Parents were frustrated with the sudden announcement, and felt they had to scramble to find some arrangements. Now, Johnson says she's been having trouble getting her children's school records from the school.
"I just want this to be done, I just want my kid's records pushed along to the new school so I can be done with this," said Johnson.
Classes at the new location at Abundant Life Church recently started, but the school is still in the process of setting up communications. It's something that Johnson says is frustrating. The principal did reach out Johnson in a Facebook message to address getting her senior's school records so that she can finish out her semester at another school.
"The new school doesn't know how many classes she has or how many credits she needs to take. It was a runaround about who to contact and then the one person they tell me is the only person who can sent it is not even the one to contact me to say they're going to send it," said Johnson.
Johnson said she enjoyed having her kids at Horizon Christian Academy when they were there, but says the experience of dealing with the move was unprofessional.
"I finally got a response today saying that they would be sending over the records so i'm hoping that it works out that way and i can finally move on from this because i feel like it's hindering especially my senior. "
FOX 55 reached out to the school for comment was not able to get one.
- Horizon Christian Academy settles into new location, parent still frustrated
- Horizon Christian Academy relocates to Abundant Life Church
- People frustrated over Washington gridlock
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- Parents of Timothy Piazza settle with Penn State, sue fraternity members
- World Baseball Academy adds lights
- Former judge, probation officer settle harassment lawsuit
- Facebook settles lawsuits alleging discriminatory ads
- People "frustrated" after violent weekend in Fort Wayne
- Blackhawk Christian School holds STEM camp