FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Jeremy Hyde is one of the owners of Colligan & Company here in Fort Wayne.
The company has been around for nearly ninety years.
Hyde says he learned about OCEAN NEI and wanted to give it a try to help strengthen his business.
"To me it's an important thing because small businesses and entrepreneurs are the heartbeat of Fort Wayne and I want to be part of that momentum that helps other small business owners engage with each other, to connect with each other, to encourage each other," Hyde said.
OCEAN NEI works like a hub for small businesses and people who think they might want to start a business.
They provide tools they think will be helpful for these local businesses to be successful.
Gabe Clark with OCEAN NEI says they want to work with existing groups that help small businesses to make the area even stronger.
"Our hope would be that in Northeast Indiana we have a really thriving community and that entrepreneurs would have opportunities to succeed," Clark said. "We think we can play a small part in that by providing community for these entrepreneurs, providing them with real authentic relationships. helping them sharpen their skills."
Hyde says the first event with OCEAN NEI was beneficial and is looking forward to maintaining a relationship with the organization.
he says he'd encourage other small business owners to look into it.
"I'd encourage any of my connections to to OCEAN NEI to go because it's just a way to connect with other people," Hyde said. "That's probably the biggest piece because it's really in our city other people. the connections to the people of Fort Wayne that's where business grows and business thrives."
OCEAN NEI has more events planned for small business owners and you can visit their page for more information.
- Organization looks to help small businesses succeed
- Tourism Week helping small businesses
- PACE program helping students succeed using art
- Fort Wayne participates in Small Business Saturday
- Handmade Hope Honors Organ Donors
- Parents organize Graduation Pathways meeting
- Local organization helps residents in Flint
- Local biker organization helps women's shelter
- Local organization holds community Easter event
- Small Indiana townships face forced mergers