Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - 19 year-old Marlen Ochoa- Lopez was 9 months pregnant when she asked for assistance with getting a stroller in a Facebook group she was a part of.
When she met the person for the transaction she was killed.
Online shopping is pretty common here in Fort Wayne and surrounding cities and for those who do exchanges in person you can never be too careful.
"You always want to find a place that's public or where people can see you," Leyna McCain said.
She and her sister met a person they purchased from in person not too long ago after making an online purchase.
"We always go in at least two's or more because you never know if the person is a creep or not. We went to get a small fridge to revamp and we made sure our parents knew, and made sure they knew where we were going," Lauren McCain added.
They provided a name of the person and address of the meeting spot.
Before meeting in person, Ryan Blume said he always makes sure to check out the terminology used when buying electronics.
He uses Craigslist.
He said it's always good to make sure the person you purchase from knows what they are talking about and create a plan just in case.
- Online shopping requiring in person meet ups and safety plans
- Hospitals required to post prices for procedures online
- EACS meeting with parents over school safety
- Shopping center opens up piece of history
- Shopping continues as holiday season wraps up
- Meeting planned for DeKalb County roundabout proposal
- Public meeting planned for Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Loren's Body Shop
- Indiana lawmaker plans bill to improve school bus safety
- Before you meet someone to buy or sell items in online transactions, read this