FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Lutheran Health Network announced on September 20, 2017 it planned to build a new hospital downtown, replacing St. Joseph Hospital.
One year later, a location still hasn't been announced.
LHN had been interested in the North River property near downtown, but announced it decided against building there just before the city bought the property.
Neighbors said they are optimistic a hospital will be built downtown, hopefully soon.
An LHN spokesman told FOX 55 News they are still making progress on a new downtown hospital.
- One year after announcement, LHN still hasn't announced location for new downtown hospital
- LHN moving forward with new downtown hospital
- Former LHN CEO must return intellectual property
- Multimatc announces expansion of New Haven location
- Ground broken on Lutheran Downtown Hospital nearly two years after initial announcement
- LHN wants former CEO to stop working with IU Health
- IU Health announces opening date for Fort Wayne location
- Manchester University announces expansion
- Madonna announces new album
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid