FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating an early morning shooting on the city's Southeast side that left one woman dead and another one in critical condition.
It happened around 6:30 a.m. in the 1200 block of Lillie Street. Officers responded to an unknown problem and then received a phone call reporting gunshots in a home.
Officers found two women inside the home suffering from gunshot wounds. One of the women was pronounced dead at the scene. The other woman was taken to a local hospital in serious condition. She was later downgraded to critical.
There were a few people inside the house who are currently being interviewed by detectives. None of those people were injured.
Detectives are also going door to door searching for witnesses.
There is no suspect information at this time, and the relationship between the two women is unknown.
The identity of the deceased will be released by the Allen County Coroner, as well as the cause and manner of death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department or Crime Stoppers.
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- Early morning shooting leaves one injured
- Early morning crash injures two
- Early morning shooting leaves one man in critical condition
- Three dead, one injured in early morning fire
- One person dead, and 2 people injured in early morning shooting
- Police investigating early morning shooting
- One dead after early morning shooting on High Street
- Police investigate critically injured infant