FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Allen County Sheriff's Department says one woman is dead after she fell into a piece of industrial machinery at Fort Wayne Plastics on Sunday afternoon.
Around 3:30pm Sunday, first responders received a call from someone at Fort Wayne Plastics about a woman who fell into a piece of machinery and became stuck. A few moments later another call came in saying the woman was freed from the machine.
Paramedics arrived at Fort Wayne Plastics and pronounced Shacarra Lashae Houge, 23, dead.
The cause of death is still under investigation by the Allen County Coroner, but no foul play is suspected in the woman's death.
- One woman dead after falling into industrial equipment
- AG industry using more technology
- Bryan woman dead in crash
- Woman found dead in apartment
- Caterpillar profit surges on equipment demand
- Kreager Park gets new outdoor fitness equipment
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Purdue student dead after falling from balcony
- Indiana lawmakers consider expanding industrial hemp market
- Skilled To Work: Robotics and Industrial Tech