Detectives with the Fort Wayne Police Department have identified the shooting victim as 19 year-old Sterling Lee King of Fort Wayne. King's was last reported in critical condition.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person in critical condition Saturday night.
Police were called to the 1600 block of St. Joe Center Rd. around 10:30 p.m. to reports of a shooting.
When they arrived, authorities found a man standing near the pillars to the strip mall, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. They initially listed the man in serious condition, and he was later downgraded to critical condition when he was taken to the hospital.
Police are still investigating the situation, but they believe an altercation broke out between the man and another person, before he was shot. Investigators say they will be looking at security footage from local businesses to try and identify possible suspects.
- One person injured after shooting Saturday night
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured
- One person dead, and 2 people injured in early morning shooting
- Racing returns to Baer Field Saturday night
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- One person seriously hurt in shooting
- One person hurt in south side shooting
- One person critically hurt in shooting
- One person dead in a shooting
- Indiana State Trooper injured in shooting