HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT)-A woman is dead after a house fire in Huntington Friday night.
The call came in around 10:18 p.m. from 729 Guilford Street. Police on the scene were told a woman was trapped inside an upstairs apartment of the multi-family home, but they were unable to get inside.
When fire crews arrived, they found 45-year-old Tina Reitmeyer inside a bathroom. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The fire was contained to the bathroom and bedroom, and was put out in about 30 minutes.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. An autopsy will be performed on Reitmeyer to determine the cause of death.
- One person dead in Huntington house fire
- One dead in Huntington stabbing
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- Huntington house fire takes two lives
- Teenager dead in Huntington County crash
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Huntington North principal resigns
- Man dead after house fire
- Two dead, three hurt after crash in Huntington