FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is in critical condition after a motorcycle crash early Sunday morning.
Officers arrived just after 3:30 a.m. to southbound Lima Road at the I-69 northbound ramp. The 911 caller reported seeing a motorcycle down in the field on the north side of the on-ramp.
Officers discovered the man was thrown from the bike. He was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police said the man was attempting to go northbound on I-69 when he failed to get around the curve, and left the roadway. He was not wearing a helmet.
Investigators believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
No other vehicles were involved.
- One man in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Lima Road and I-69
- Man dies in motorcycle crash on I-69
- Crash on Lima Road involves FWPD cruiser
- One adult, one child taken to the hospital after three-vehicle crash near Lima Road and I-69
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles
- One person in critical condition after motorcycle crash
- Crews battle Lima Road bar fire
- Bentley's Pet Stuff opens on Lima Road
- Lima Road Dentistry buys back Halloween Candy
- Lima Road crash knocks out power to several businesses