FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating an unknown incident that left one man in critical condition.
It happed around 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Police were called to the intersection of S. Anothony Blvd. and Oxford Street for a report of an unknown problem with a man covered in blood.
Police said at the same time, dispatchers received reports of gunshots in the area.
When officers arrived they found the man lying south of the intersection.
Medics determined he was in serious condition and took him to the hospital. He was later downgraded to critical condition. It was not apparent what kind of injuries the man had.
Officers found blood droplets along the sidewalk in the 3400 block of S. Anthony. Investigators are trying to determine if the blood is related to this incident.
There is no suspect information at this time. Police are canvasing the area to find witnesses and evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Fort Wayne police or Crime Stoppers.
- One man critically hurt after unknown incident
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting
- Man critically hurt after shooting Tuesday afternoon
- Man critically hurt in motorcycle crash
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- One critically hurt in New Year's stabbing
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting