FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - One person was killed and five more wounded in a string of shootings Sunday in Fort Wayne.
The first shooting was reported at 3:04 a.m. on Colerick Street and Central Drive.
Police responded to multiple 911 calls about shots fired and found a blood trail that led them to a man on the ground.
The man, later identified by the Allen County Coroner as 37-year-old Frashaune Lamont Striverson of Fort Wayne, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say a second victim with life-threatening injuries was taken to a local hospital in a private vehicle. Police say Amiracle Phipher arrived at the hospital at 3:23 a.m. with a gunshot wound to his upper left chest.
Oliver Street Shooting
The second shooting was reported at 44 Oliver Street more than 12 hours later at 4:09 p.m.
Police found two women bleeding on the front porch. Officers at the scene say one woman was bleeding profusely from an unknown area while the second woman was shot twice in her upper thigh.
The women told police they were sitting on the porch when they saw at least two men shooting in their direction before running west bound. After rendering aid to the women, officers say they found multiple cases behind the house.
Anthony Boulevard Shooting
At 8 p.m. Sunday officers responded to a local hospital after two men showed up with gunshot wounds.
Police say Marquize White was shot in the calf and Martae Nelson was shot in the lower back about 30 minutes earlier while walking in the area of Anthony Boulevard and Tillman Road.
A witness told police a white car pulled up and someone inside started shooting at them. The car drove off and they walked to the witnesses' vehicle. The witness said she had no idea who was shooting at them or why.
Police say they are investigating whether this shooting was related to the deadly shooting on Colerick Drive, which was the 13th homicide in the city this year.
All of the shootings remain under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (260) 426-STOP.
- One killed, five wounded in Fort Wayne shootings Sunday
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Fort Wayne police investigating whether wounded man was shot
- Fort Wayne ready for Sunday alcohol sales
- Woman killed, 2 children wounded inside car found in Fort Wayne alley
- Police: Man and woman wounded in drive-by shooting in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne man killed in overnight shooting on Broadway Street
- Man killed after Fort Wayne mobile home shooting
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel