FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - One person is in serious condition after a shooting that happened just outside the Glenbrook Mall.
Fort Wayne Police say they responded to the shooting just after six Friday evening.
An off-duty Fort Wayne officer was working mall security and located the victim outside of the food court in the parking lot.
Police say the victim had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the leg.
That off-duty officer helped treat that man until medical crews arrived.
Public Information Officer Jason Anthony says the victim was taken to the hospital and now police are working to figure out what exactly happened.
"The mall was placed on lockdown for less than ten minutes," Anthony said. "Once they determined the shooting did not happen inside the mall and that the shooting and victim were outside they released that lockdown."
Anthony says detectives were going to speak with the victim in hopes of getting information about the suspect in this case.
If you know anything about this shooting you should contact Fort Wayne Police.
- One hurt in mall shooting
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Two children hurt in Tuesday shooting
- Deputy, suspect hurt in Garrett shooting
- Two hurt in Spatz Avenue shooting
- One seriously hurt in Hanna Street shooting
- One person seriously hurt in shooting
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting