MENTONE, Ind. (FOX 55) - One person is dead and three others are injured after a car crash in southwestern Kosciusko County on Saturday evening.
The incident happened at the intersection of County Road 1000 West and 900 South near Mentone, Indiana.
A car driving west pulled into an intersection where it was hit by an SUV on the passenger side. The passenger of the car, 21 year-old Hope Steyn of Warsaw, IN, was pronounced dead on the scene.
The driver of the car and two of the occupants of the SUV were taken to area hospitals. One of the passengers of the SUV sustained no injuries in the accident.
The crash is still under investigation, but a preliminary report states that the driver of the car failed to yield to the SUV at the intersection.
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko officials: Man found dead along roadway was stabbed to death
- 16-year-old girl injured in ATV accident
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County Jail gets new body scanner to detect contraband
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash