FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police are investigating a shooting early Saturday morning that left one man dead and another in critical condition.
It happened around 3:20 a.m. in the 1500 block of Oxford Street. Officers were patrolling the area when they heard several gunshots.
Within minutes, dispatch received a call of a shooting. When officers arrived, they found two men inside a residence. Both were suffering from gunshot wounds. One of the victims was pronounced dead at the scene. The other was taken to a local hospital in serious condition. He was eventually downgraded to critical condition.
Detectives are currently interviewing potential witnesses.
The identity, as well as the cause and manner of death will be released by the Allen County Coroner.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department or Crime Stoppers.
The incident is still under investigation.
- One dead, one seriously injured after shooting on Oxford Street
- Victim identified in Oxford Street shooting
- One dead after Greene Street shooting
- At least one injured in Lafayette Street shooting
- One dead after early morning shooting on High Street
- One dead after shooting on South Barr Street
- Indianapolis man found near Oxford Street railroad tracks Identified
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- 2 dead, 3 injured after shooting at Indianapolis saloon