FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- UPDATE: The male victim has been identified as 31-year-old, William Michael Adamonis.
His death was ruled a homicide, and the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the chest.
Adamonis is the 9th homicide in Allen County in 2018.
Fort Wayne police are investigating a shooting that left a man dead and a woman injured.
It happened around 2:40 a.m. Thursday. Police responded to the intersection of Van Buren Street and Michaels Avenue.
When they arrived they found a man and a woman suffering from gunshot wounds. Officers began CPR on the man. Both victims were taken to a hospital where the man was pronounced dead. The woman remains in good condition.
Police said the victims were involved in an incident in the parking lot of Broadway Grill in the 1400 block of Broadway Street. The victims were shot and got into a car with a third person until they pulled over on Van Buren Street and called 911.
Police do not have any suspect information at this time. Detectives are speaking to witnesses and reviewing surveillance video.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
The name and cause and manner of death of the man will be released by the Allen County Coroner's Office.
- One dead, one injured after shooting at Broadway Grill
- Businesses along Broadway celebrate project completion
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- One dead, one seriously injured after shooting on Oxford Street
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- 2 dead, 3 injured after shooting at Indianapolis saloon
- 9 dead, 26 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio
- IDENTIFIED: Fort Wayne Man Killed In Overnight Shooting On Broadway Street
- IDENTIFIED: Fort Wayne man killed in overnight shooting on Broadway Street
- One man dead, another injured in crash