FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- One man is dead and another is in critical condition after a shooting Sunday night on the city's southeast side.
Police were called around 9:37 p.m. to the 3500 block of Congress Avenue. A 911 caller said a man had been shot multiple times.
When officers got there, they found a man inside a home suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to a local hospital and listed in critical condition.
A witness said they saw a man running south from the area.
A Fort Wayne Police K9 officer began searching the area and found another man lying in the yard of a nearby home. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was identified as 21-year-old Drake Wells of Fort Wayne, IN.
The Allen County Coroner has ruled Wells' death a homicide, making it the 36th homicide in Allen County for 2018
The incident is still under investigation.
- One dead, one critically hurt in shooting on Congress Ave.
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting
- One person critically hurt in shooting
- Man critically hurt after shooting Tuesday afternoon
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- One man in critical condition after Hamilton Ave. shooting
- One hurt in over night shooting on McKinnie Ave.
- Man critically hurt in crash