INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities say one person is dead and five others are injured after a man fled an attempted traffic stop in Indianapolis and crashed into two vehicles.
Indiana State Police say a trooper tried to stop a car Tuesday evening, but the car kept going. Police say the trooper pursued the car for about four minutes before it hit two vehicles and caught fire.
Police say the car's driver, a 37-year-old Indianapolis man with an outstanding theft warrant, was taken to a hospital with broken leg bones. A passenger in the car identified by police as 32-year-old Michael Ramsey of Indianapolis was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Two of four people in a pickup truck that was hit and two people in the other vehicle involved had non-life threatening injuries.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One, dead, five injured after police chase
- One man dead, another injured in crash
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Brother, sister arrested after police chase
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- One dead, one seriously injured after shooting on Oxford Street
- Fleeing suspects dead in crash, two others seriously injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting