At 1:08 a.m. on 12/15/17, a house fire was reported at 4321 East Rolling Meadows Blvd. in Defiance, Ohio.
The residence is owned by Junior W. Dockery, who currently resides outside the United States.
At approximately 1:51 a.m., a body was found inside the residence by area firefighters. The case is currently being investigated by the Defiance County Sherriff's Office, Noble Township Fire Department, Defiance County Coroner's Office, and the State of Ohio's Marshal Office.
The Noble Township Fire Department, Defiance City Fire Department, Delaware Township Fire Department, and Jewell Fire Department handled the fire, with the American Red Cross assisting them.
- One dead after house fire in Defiance
- Bridge closure in Defiance makes crossing Maumee River difficult
- Defiance County deputies asking for help identifying body
- Man dead after house fire
- One person dead in Huntington house fire
- Six dead in Logansport house fire
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in northeastern Indiana boarding house fire
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Fire started at vacant house
- Fire damages southeast side house