ELKHART, Ind. (WFFT)- Investigators in Elkhart County need the public's help finding a driver involved in a hit and run.
It happened just before 4:00 a.m. Saturday in the area of old SR 17 and CR 45.
When officers arrived they found a person dead in the roadway. The victim had been hit by a vehicle, but the driver left the scene.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department at 574-533-4151.
- One dead after hit and run in Elkhart County
- Teenager injured on a bike in Elkhart County Hit-and-Run
- Man rescued from Elkhart River Friday
- Hit and Run leaves man dead
- The Locker Room Week 10: North Side vs. Elkhart Memorial
- Ex-sheriff's captain enters guilty plea after wage theft probe in Elkhart County
- Elkhart resident dies from EEE virus, first Indiana case in 20 years
- Police investigating officer involved hit and run
- Hit-and-Run driver damages Old Fort
- Police investigate hit and run moped crash