FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is dead after being hit by a car Saturday afternoon in the area of Coliseum Blvd and Lake Avenue.
Police responded to that area around 12:15 p.m. in reference to a pedestrian being hit by a car.
When officers arrived, they found a man in the road. He was initially listed in critical condition, but paramedics pronounced him dead soon after.
Police said the vehicle was southbound on Coliseum Blvd. when the man was hit north of Lake Avenue.
Right now, it's unclear what the victim was doing before the accident.
His name will be released by the Allen County Coroner.
Police are still investigating.
- One dead after being hit by a car Saturday
- UPDATE: Two dead, three others hurt after car hits motorcycle head-on
- One dead in car versus train crash
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- One dead after hit and run in Elkhart County
- Man found dead in car on city's north side
- Man found dead in car in Decatur parking lot
- Eleven year old boy dies after being hit by car
- Man hurt after getting hit by car on Coldwater Road