FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man is dead after being hit by a car Sunday night.
Police were called to the 200 block of east Pettit Ave. around 8:00 p.m. in reference to a man down in the roadway.
When officers got there, they learned the man had been hit by a car and found him unresponsive. Medics started CPR, but he died at the scene.
Investigators spoke with witnesses and the people inside the car to determine what happened.
The Allen County Coroner will release the name of the victim.
- One dead after being hit by a car
- One dead after being hit by a car Saturday
- Hit and Run leaves man dead
- UPDATE: Two dead, three others hurt after car hits motorcycle head-on
- One dead in car versus train crash
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- One dead after hit and run in Elkhart County
- Man found dead in car on city's north side