FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The former North Side Bait and Tackle building is no longer standing.
The building and the former hair salon next door were torn down Wednesday.
The city is planning on a building a new roundabout at the Sherman Boulevard and Goshen Avenue intersection.
In March, FOX 55 reported on a last minute effort to try and save the nearly 100 year-old building, but no one came forward to move it.
The city plans to start building the roundabout this summer.
- Old bait shop torn down for roundabout construction
- Historic bait shop in final days
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County
- Bass & Hadley Road roundabout opened
- Meeting planned for DeKalb County roundabout proposal
- People weigh in on proposed DeKalb County roundabout
- Opening of Bass and Hadley Road roundabout delayed
- Building at center of massive fire torn down
- Former Elmhurst High School almost completely torn down
- Loren's Body Shop