RAVENNA, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school superintendent accused of sex charges involving two teenage students has pleaded guilty.
Investigators say 35-year-old Laura Amero was accused of having sex with a 16-year-old boy in 2017 and attempting to have sexual relations with another student when he was 16 and 17.
Amero pleaded guilty Monday to sexual battery and sexual imposition charges.
She had been a teacher and principal before becoming superintendent of Windham Exempted Village Schools in February.
She was later placed on leave from the district in Windham and then resigned after the charges were filed.
The Record Courier in Ravenna reports Amero could face up to 10 years in prison when she’s sentenced.
She did not make a statement after pleading guilty.
A message seeking comment was left with her attorney.
- Ohio school superintendent pleads guilty to sex charges
- 2 former Ohio State football players plead not guilty to rape and kidnapping charges
- Dakota Moran pleads guilty to battery charge
- Turpin parents plead guilty to multiple charges, including torture
- Former Ohio judge and politician Lance Mason pleads guilty to killing ex-wife
- Ohio woman pleads guilty in 3 sons’ deaths, sentenced to 37 years
- Ohio man pleads guilty in infant son’s death, gets 24 years
- Huntington County Community Schools superintendent resigns suddenly
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting pleads guilty
- April Tinsley's accused killer pleads guilty